25 August 2009

Hey How tall are you?


Hey How tall are you? I'm 171cm. I'm telling my experience that it was so hard for me with short height to clear a route. This is QJ grade 21 at The Girl in The Mirror Wall area in Mt Boyce. I couldn't pass around 6th bolt without pulling the quickdraw. It was 2nd ledge with many crimpy handholds and with a foothold which was away to rightward from gravity line. If those handholds were big i could have moved well. It was too hard for me to move onto one more crimpy hold before reaching to a next big hold. After that i cleared all the way to its top. but my partner who was 14cm taller than me told me later that he could reach the big handhold and went through without cheating.

4 comments:

George Kijiro said...

This is my homework grade 21. I feel it 22 as i'm too short to reach the big hold.

George Kijiro said...

I have got new insight from Sam who gave a talk in Sydney Rockies' monthly meeting last Wednesday. She talked about her competitors in world bouldring competition that she has being attending every year. Some of their height were up to her chest, but they performed very well. She said they had developed their unique style. - - - - This is a very good news to me. I should do the same.

George Kijiro said...

Sam above mentioned is Ms Samantha Berry from Bloc Climbing Centre at www.blocclimbing.com.au.

George Kijiro said...

It was a very lucky day for me. i met Garth at Barden's Lookout
last Sunday which was one of the volunteers' working days for Track
Care. That's maintaining the track for accessing climbing crags. I knew he was a climbing consultant as i read his article, but never seen him in person. After introducing ourselves, i noticed he was not a tall person.
He is just slightly taller than me. Wow! spontaneously i cited my
hight concern for climbing. He immediately mentioned about what short climbers need. That is a flexibility like put feet up high, push, and jump. That's right, it's Dymo. That's a very good news for me again. I feel I have chance to succeed. Gaining this training tip i really felt that Heaven is already paying me back for my volunteer work.